Achieve your health care career goals!
We know you share our commitment to improving health and health care, and we are excited to welcome you into our close-knit learning community. During your time at The Dartmouth Institute, you will be mentored by our team of over 40 faculty and staff – each of whom is dedicated to helping you advance your career. Learn about the many resources that are available to you:
One-on-One Career Coaching
- From Day 1, we will work with you to create a career progression plan that makes sense for you and helps you achieve your goals. We will connect you with various faculty and groups on campus, so you can begin building the network of peers you will rely on throughout your career.
- In one-on-one sessions, our career services manager will work with you to improve your resume and hone your networking skills.
- There are over 500 interest groups across campus, many of which are dedicated to the topics of health and health care. Student interest groups that are particularly popular include Medical Ethics, Global Health Scholars, and the IHI Student Chapter at Dartmouth. There also are opportunities to develop strong leadership skills through participating in The Dartmouth Institute’s Student Advisory Council, as well as the Geisel Student and Diversity Councils.
- Gain hands-on experience in research, policy, management, and quality improvement with partners such as the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, the White River Junction VA Medical Center, and other organizations across the United States and around the world.
- Meet employers who recruit on campus to learn about what it is like to work in places such as the National Cancer Institute, Boston Children’s Hospital, CVS Health, and more.
- You will be introduced to over 1,200 Dartmouth Institute alumni who can help you with networking and career exploration.
- Participate in professional development workshops and attend panels with clinicians and alumni about medical school.