Admitted Student Checklist: Online/Hybrid MPH
Welcome to The Dartmouth Institute! We're thrilled that you have decided to join our community of health care change agents and are looking forward to meeting you this summer. See below for a list of action items to work on during the next few months, and please reach out to us by email with any questions.
Incoming Student Survey available
MPH/MS/PhD Program Essentials
Incoming Student Survey due
Immunization Forms due
MPH/MS/PhD Program Essentials
Public Health Foundations Course (online)**
July 31- Aug. 3
On-Campus Intensive Week (orientation)
Live Session Times
Required synchronous Zoom calls with course faculty will occur weekly throughout the program. The call will take place on Thursdays from 2:00 p.m.- 3:30 p.m. ET
*MPH/MS/PhD Program Essentials Modules and PH 701
In this entirely asynchronous course, students will work at their own pace through online modules. The course opens in Canvas on June 5, 2023 and students must complete about 18 hours of work by midnight on June 30. There are no intermediate deadlines for portions of the course. Modules will introduce students to essential resources and support, refresh academic skills, and explain expectations and policies. One module fulfills Dartmouth’s professional ethics requirement for all first-year graduate students.
**Public Health Foundations Course
The Public Health Foundations course is about 25 hours of work (0.25 units). This course is entirely online and asynchronous. Although there are no class sessions and students can choose when to do the work, there will be intermediate deadlines. Specifically, assignments are due each Sunday. Students may work at their own pace during each week or submit assignments early for later weeks. This course runs July 7-23. Hybrid residential week begins Monday, July 31.
To apply for federal student loan eligibility, all students need to complete the following two steps:
1) File the FAFSA. Dartmouth's school code is 002573
2) Submit the Dartmouth College Graduate Student Financial Aid Application.
We recommend that you submit these forms as soon as possible to ensure the timely processing of your materials. We need both forms to generate the official award package. Please visit Dartmouth's Financial Aid website for more information.
Please note that dates are subject to change as details are finalized.
Live Session Times
Required synchronous Zoom calls with course faculty will occur weekly throughout the program. The call will take place on Thursdays from 2:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m. ET
All program components (e.g., Zoom calls, assignment due dates) operate on Eastern Time.
As you plan ahead for your coursework, below is an outline that shows what a typical week is like for assignments and due dates.
Attendance is required at every on-campus session, with six sessions in total throughout the program. Students stay in accommodations arranged by Dartmouth at The Hanover Inn and Six South: Check-in will always be on Sunday, with check-out on Thursday before classes start. If you need additional nights, please contact the hotel directly. Dates are subject to change.
- July 31- August 3, 2023 (i.e., hotel check-in Sunday 7/30)
- December 4-7, 2023
- March 18-21, 2024
- July 29 - August 1, 2024 (tentative)
- December 9-12, 2024 (tentative)
- March 24-27, 2025 (tentative)
Please note that the process for claiming your Dartmouth account will open in early April.
After you have confirmed your enrollment, a Dartmouth NetID and email will be generated for you. A confirmation email with this information will be sent to your email address that we have on file and have been corresponding with previously. Once you receive the confirmation email with this information, please follow the steps provided regarding setting a password for your account and enrolling in Duo - a second means of authenticating your identity for accessing campus systems.
Future communications will be delivered to your Dartmouth email before classes begin. Please claim your account as soon as possible.
About Dartmouth email addresses
People can look up their full email address using: https://lookup.dartmouth.edu/
Students will have access to their dartmouth.edu account throughout their time as a student. Around graduation you will have the option to keep your Dartmouth email as a forwarding address only.
If you experience issues accessing a specific Dartmouth system, please visit https://login.dartmouth.edu from a fresh/incognito web browser to test your login. If you receive another error message there, please report that error and your Dartmouth NetID to Geisel Computing via email or phone (Geisel.Computing.Support@dartmouth.edu or 603.650.1600). One of our technicians will assist you in getting your account functioning.
Complete the Online Health Forms here, which can also be accessed through the 'Health Services Forms' link on your Banner account. These forms are generic, so they will list many more immunizations than you are required to have. You can just ignore (or X out) those sections.
The only immunizations you are required to have are:
- Covid 19 Vaccine, which must be FDA/EUA approved
- MMR vaccines or titers ( 2 vaccines if born after 1957, 1 vaccine if born prior)
- Polio ( If born outside the US)
- TB Screening (Section A determines if a TB test is required; however, the form must be completed and sent in regardless of your answers to section A)
Additionally, you must also email the following documents to Dartmouth’s health services:
1) A copy of your official immunization records, or a health care provider-completed Dartmouth Graduate Immunization Form (only for the required immunizations listed above)
You may scan and email your documents to: Medical.Records.for.Student.Health@dartmouth.edu with your First and Last names and “TDI ONLINE MPH Program” in the subject line.
Via the Online Health Forms here, which can also be accessed through the 'Health Services Forms' link on your Banner account, you are required to complete all of the forms listed below:
- Acknowledgment of Complaint Process
- Authorization to Provide Medical Treatment
- Fees & Eligibility
- Health History Form
- Immunization (ONLY complete sections noted above)
- New Hampshire Patient Bill of Rights
- Notice of Privacy Practices
You are not required to complete the NCAA Sports Medicine Form(s).
Use this checklist to prepare your computer: Dartmouth Institute Computing Requirements
Note that you must complete some steps before completing any pre-orientation assignments.
- Manchester-Boston Regional Airport: Manchester, N.H. (MHT) About 75 miles, or 1.5 hours driving time, from campus (Or take Greyhound bus service to Hanover/White River Junction (below)).
- Burlington International Airport: Burlington, VT (BTV) About 95 miles, or 1.7 hours driving time, from campus
- Logan International Airport: Boston, Mass. (BOS) About 120 miles, or 2.5 hours driving time, from campus (Or take the Dartmouth Coach bus service to Lebanon/Hanover (below)).
- Bradley International Airport: Hartford, Ct. (BDL) About 150 miles, or 2.5 hours driving time, from campus
- Lebanon Airport: Lebanon, N.H. (LEB) About 5 miles, or 15 minutes driving time, from campus. Please note that Lebanon is a smaller airport with services offered through Cape Air. Rental cars provide the best transporation from the Lebanon Airport to campus as there are a limited number of Uber or Lyft drivers in the area.
- Dartmouth Coach offers daily service between the Dartmouth Green and Boston's South Station and Logan Airport as well as the Yale Club in New York, adjacent to Grand Central Station
- Greyhound serves White River Junction, Vt. and some routes drop off at the Dartmouth Green.
From Boston, MA (about 2.5 hours) and Manchester, NH (about 1.5 hours)
Take I-93 north to I-89 north at Concord, NH. Get off I-89 at Exit 18 in Lebanon, NH, and bear right onto Route 120. Head north on Rt.120 into Hanover. Click here for the address to Six South in Hanover.
From New York (about 5 hours), southern New England and points south
Take I-95 north to I-91 north (or I-684 north and I-84 east to Hartford, Connecticut, then I-91 north). Take I-91 north to Exit 13 in Hanover, NH. Turn right and head straight into downtown Hanover. Click here for the address to Six South in Hanover.
From Burlington, VT (about 1.5 hours)
Take I-89 south to I-91 north (just past Exit 1). Take I-91 north to Exit 13 in Hanover, NH. Turn right and head straight into downtown Hanover. Click here for the address to Six South in Hanover.
We look forward to hearing from you! When you are ready to take the next steps, all the information you need to know for enrolling is located within your personalized account. You can log in to your account at the link below with your username and password.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Office of Education by email at Dartmouth.Institute.Admissions@dartmouth.edu. We would be happy to assist you in any way.
General Admissions Questions
Financial Aid Office
Dick's House Health Services
Academic Programs Registrar
Student Accessibility Services
Dartmouth NetID and Email Support
TDI Learning & Technology Support
Office of Visa and Immigration Services