The mission of The Dartmouth Institute’s Education programs is to produce health care leaders who are grounded in the skills to measure, organize and improve health and health care in a rapidly changing health care environment.
Graduate Degree Programs
The Dartmouth MPH, MS, and PhD programs are unique in their small class size, access to world-renowned faculty, and multidisciplinary approach. They emphasize the need for understanding the health care system, using evidence to advocate for change, and adopting scientific methods to serve the interests of patients.
Our professional education programs equip health care professionals with the vital competencies and tools needed to lead, influence, and re-shape the health care landscape. The Dartmouth Institute Certificate in the Fundamentals of Value-based Health Care aims to foster the skills needed to navigate the evolving pay-for-value reimbursement models (which emphasize achieving better outcomes for the same or lower costs) in ways that are scientifically and ethically sound, and sustainable. The certificate is a cohort-based program comprised of six fully online sequential courses.
Seminars and Conferences
We host seminars and conferences to promote ongoing learning collaboratives.
Our Goals and Values
Prepare current and future public health practitioners and researchers to address public health challenges.
Conduct and disseminate collaborative scholarly and applied research.
Advance population health of communities in New Hampshire, the region, and worldwide through education, research, and service.
At Dartmouth, we are committed to these values:
- Dartmouth expects academic excellence and encourages independence of thought within a culture of collaboration.
- Dartmouth faculty members are passionate about teaching our students and are at the forefront of their scholarly or creative work.
- Dartmouth embraces diversity with the knowledge that it significantly enhances the quality of a Dartmouth education.
- Dartmouth recruits and admits outstanding students from all backgrounds, regardless of their financial means.
- Dartmouth fosters lasting bonds among faculty, staff, and students, which encourage a culture of integrity, self-reliance, and collegiality and instill a sense of responsibility for each other and for the broader world.
- Dartmouth supports the vigorous and open debate of ideas within a community marked by mutual respect.